You might have experienced while working on your computer, we often think that the system is just running few functions. But there is something more than that, your computer is actually running more number of processes in the background.
Depending on the usage of your Windows 10/8/7 computer, you can configure processor scheduling, so that it gives you the best performance while using Programs or for Background Processes. You can make this adjustment easily via the Control Panel.
Are you willing to prefer foreground apps running faster in your Windows 10 computer? Just follow the article to see how to do.
Here we are share two way to set CPU priority to prefer foreground apps in Windows 10:
First: Registry Editor:
- First off, Hold the windows key + R key at the same time. After that, enter “regedit” in the run dialogue box. Press the enter key for opening “Registry Editor”.
- Step 2: Navigate to following registry key in Registry Editor.
Just in case you wish to know, the PriorityControl key defines the foreground vs. background priority differential. The possible default values for Win32PrioritySeparation REG_DWORD 0, 1, or 2, with the default being 0x2.
- To make foreground apps perform the best change the value of you will need to perform double click right on “Win32PrioritySeperation” that is situated on the right pane of the registry Editor. After that you will notice value data and then choose to set as 26 to set the performance of the foreground apps.
Adjust for best performance for foreground apps in Control Panel
Second: Control Panel:
- First open control panel and then tap on System in “System and Security” window.
- click the Advanced system settings from system windows left panel.
- From advance system setting windows click on Advance and then setting.
- Now choose to adjust for best performance of “Programs”. Now hit the enter button or Click “OK”.
- you have successfully Set CPU Priority to Prefer Foreground Apps, by adjusting the Foreground Apps using the control Panel
Thats all, hope you guys successfully Set CPU Priority To Prefer Foreground Apps in Windows 10. These two steps are the best and easiest way to set cpu priority to prefer foreground apps in windows 10.